Wednesday, March 16, 2011

What to do with this damn chicken: Wednesday 7

Okay, my chicken is thawed and sitting on the counter. Now what? Today I was very very tempted to put it back in the fridge and convince the hubster to eat out. But no, I have to remember the budget we designed together that said, we are not to eat out so much.  So I stare at the chicken some more.

Then, it hits me like an Aha Moment (Oprah says it better).  One of our friends had sent me a message over the weekend about a chicken recipe that her husband and children like a lot. It really isn't a recipe with measurements and such, as it is more of a mix this and that and Voila!  I like those kinds of recipes. 

Before we get to the goods, I will also have to say that I think the heavens have opened up and I have been heard!  Yes, that is right! Apparently, I am not the only one who needs a good chicken recipe. So here goes, set your TiVOs and DVRs folks, cause the Food Network is dedicating the coming weekend to Chicken!!!!  Thank you to Kari Brose for cluing me into the celebration of all things chicken with your favorite Food Network hosts, this Saturday and Sunday starting at 7am/6c. Hallelujah!!!  Check out some of the recipes for The Bird Is The Word weekend we are about to embark upon!


So for the recipe....

1.Mix Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, dried basil and cracked pepper into a mixture. 
2. cut your chicken into nuggets
3. dip the chicken into the mixture
4. Cook on the stove in a little olive oil

or

5. you can also coat a whole breast and cook it the same way but with the lid on the pan to cook it throughout and not burn the cheese. 

Then you can serve it with pasta, steamed veggies, salad, etc. Sounds pretty easy and versatile and it will be on our dinner plates tonight!  Thanks Kari!!

Remember the Bird is the Word weekend this weekend!!


Love,






1 comment: