Wednesday, February 9, 2011

What to do with this damn chicken: Wednesday 3

I have been slacking this week and had absolutely zero creative moments to share with you yesterday but I hope you enjoyed your Taco Tuesday regardless! I was not going to leave you without a chicken recipe to cook tonight, however. Funny thing is that I actually will need to go to the store to get more chicken!  Crazy I know!  I thought I had enough in my freezer to last me months but I have actually been using it very regularly (pat on the back), so yeah me!

This next recipe comes from Michele B. who says this recipe is a crowd pleaser in her home. Once again, she does have children, so I will see if I can slid it past the lips of my finicky eaters. Now, as a side note, Michele's kids ask to have Broccoli for dinner so they are not earthling children ,as far as I am concerned, but they call me Auntie so I still love those little alien babes! :)  This recipe however, does seem like it is worth a try and it is from Barefoot Contessa who rarely goes wrong!

Enjoy!



Chicken Piccata


Ingredients
  •  2 split (1 whole) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
  •  Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  •  1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  •  1 extra-large egg
  •  1/2 tablespoon water
  •  3/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
  •  Good olive oil
  •  3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
  •  1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons),  lemon halves reserved
  •     1/2 cup dry white wine
  •     Sliced lemon, for serving
  •     Chopped fresh parsley leaves, for serving

Directions

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and pound out to 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
Mix the flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper in a shallow plate. In a second plate, beat the egg and 1/2 tablespoon of water together. Place the bread crumbs on a third plate. Dip each chicken breast first in the flour, shake off the excess, and then dip in the egg and bread crumb mixtures.
Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium to medium-low heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook for 2 minutes on each side, until browned. Place them on the sheet pan and allow them to bake for 5 to 10 minutes while you make the sauce.
For the sauce, wipe out the saute pan with a dry paper towel. Over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of the butter and then add the lemon juice, wine, the reserved lemon halves, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Boil over high heat until reduced in half, about 2 minutes. Off the heat, add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and swirl to combine. Discard the lemon halves and serve 1 chicken breast on each plate. Spoon on the sauce and serve with a slice of lemon and a sprinkling of fresh parsley.


Love, 

No comments:

Post a Comment