Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What to do with this damn chicken: Wednesday 2

As promised I am providing you with yet another chicken recipe so that you can open your freezer with ease today. Take it out, defrost it and get ready for some tasty goodness. This recipe excites me because of the first four letters in the name.. SALT!  Yep, you have sugar people, you have salt people and you have people that look at the cows with envy every time you see them slobbering all over their salt lick. I want a salt lick! Salt is my reason for existence and the reason I love Margaritas so much. When else is it socially acceptable to just lick salt out in public. Only when it is on the rim of your glass I guess.

Anyway, enough of my salt addiction and on to the recipe which was provides by Michelle S. This woman had time to send me a few recipes in all of her spare time that she has with 3 children under the age of 2 that have all been sick with some nasty bugs in the last 2 weeks. You rock Michelle and we all appreciate you taking the time to help us out on this Wednesday!  Here you are folks..

Chicken SALTimbocca

1 10-oz box frozen chopped spinach, thawed to room temperature
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/4 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
6 chicken cutlets (about 3 ounces each), pounded to flatten evenly
6 paper-thin slices of prosciutto (or more if you love it like we do)
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1 14-oz can chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

Squeeze the frozen spinach to remove excess water. In a small bowl, toss the spinach with 1 tablespoon olive oil to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

Place the chicken cutlets on a flat work surface. Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper. Lay one slice of prosciutto atop each chicken cutlet. Arrange an even layer of spinach atop the prosciutto and sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over each (or skip this step if you're on a dairy-free diet :) ). Roll up each cutlet as for a jelly roll and secure with a toothpick.

In a large skillet, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over high heat. Add the chicken rolls and cook just until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Add the broth and lemon juice and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium, cover, and simmer until the chicken is just cooked through, about 4 minutes.

Transfer the chicken to dinner plates and set aside. Increase the heat to high and cook the sauce until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup (about 5 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to taste and drizzle over the chicken before serving.


 JOY OF LOVE: Day 2

One more thing before I let you guys go. It is Day 2 of my Joy of Love class and the project for the day is to capture: What They Look Like. Well, i am not sure I need much of a description around this picture. This is the mouse in all of her early morning glory. She is staring at me, still trying to figure out what the heck I'm a doing with a camera in her face first thing in the morning.  She was also trying to convince me that she simple could not get out of bed because it was just too cold to do so. Sorry Charlie, school starts at 8am whether you like it or not. :)


Love,




1 comment:

  1. I love this pic of Mouse. She looks like you ;) I have a eager to get outta bed and a drag her outta bed. LOL

    I will be making this for dinner for sure :) Sounds so yummy.

    I didn't realize that we were salt sisters. I heart salt!! I eat the salt off the pretzel and then I eat the pretzel pretty much just cuz I have too :)

    ReplyDelete