Monday, February 28, 2011

I Heart Faces: Anything But A Face

The photo challenge of the week at I Heart Faces this week is Anything But A Faces which, means I don't have to have a face in the picture this week. I could do anything head, shoulders, knees and toes! I had ideas.  I truly pondered this one. I am on 5 weeks of entries with no wins or mentions so I wanted to get something good. There are usually around 800 entries at the end of a contest and there are some GREAT photographers out there. With that said, I had ideas of photographing my daughter painting her toenails which, is always somewhat of a comical treat! But, then as usual, I toted my camera around with me and was struck by a special moment that I snapped a picture of.

Roughly 13 years ago, while in college, I met a young lady who ended up to become a constant and lifelong friend. After we graduated from school we moved apart for work and got married and had children and about 3 years ago now, she moved back to my neck of the woods. We had talked on average of 2 times a day the entire time we lived apart so we didn't skip a beat when her family moved up my way. Our children have become great friends and we often have play dates and get togethers with the family. Her children even call me Auntie! Nothing warms my heart more than to see my children light up when they get to see their best buddies after being apart for a few days.

Today when I arrived to pick my daughter up from school with my sweet surrogate niece in tow, this was what took place. They yelled out each-others names and ran for a warm embrace. I love it and it reminds me of how special our friends are in life and how lucky we are to have them! Thanks to a friendship made 13 years ago, a new one has bloomed!


Special Hugs!

Love,





4 comments:

  1. Hi Michele, I really like your picture. How wonderful to have a friend like that through all of the years. You captured something very sweet. : )

    Just a word about winning. You might never win. And that doesn't mean your pictures aren't fantastic! Every week there is a different judge who likes a different style. You never know what the judge is going to like : )
    Just have fun with it! Meet new people. Get ideas. Don't worry about winning. Life is too short!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet photo, great capture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the love of friendship beautifully!

    ReplyDelete