The girls gathered around my spring table last night for some Easter breakfast goodness at 8pm!
|cute right? Very springy...|
We kinda got off to a slow start and the Bloody Mary's may have been responsible for that. :)
|Hi there honey!|
Secretly Simple Bloody Mary
- celery, 4 stalks
- lemon, 2
- vodka, 3/4 cup (6 ounces)
- tomato juice, 3 cups
- prepared horseradish, 1 to 2 tablespoons
- peppercini peppers, 4 peppers plus 1 tablespoon of the brine (I omitted these and used green beans and olives)
- Worcestershire sauce, 2 teaspoons
- hot sauce (such as Tabasco), 1 to 2 teaspoons
- celery salt, 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper
We had some tasty deviled eggs to start, which really were the devil, just ask Michele B.
|Only 74 calories each Michele, eating 6 was okay! :)|
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise + more as needed
- 1 1/2 heaping tablespoons drained sweet pickle relish
- 2 heaping tablespoons drained small capers, rinsed and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced chipotle en adobo
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Smoked paprika to garnish
- Chopped chives to garnish
1. Halve eggs lengthwise and place yolks in a small bowl; set whites aside. Mash yolks with a fork; add mayonnaise, pickle relish, capers and chipotles, and combine well. If needed, add more mayo for desired consistency. Use a spoon to mound filling into whites, then garnish with paprika and chives.
After a long couple hours of cooking and enjoying Ol Mary's company, it was time to eat. The main menu consisted of Zucchini- Ricotta Salata Bruschetta, Bacon-Watercress Salad, some of the most divine Home Fried with Wild Mushrooms, and last but not least Cali-Style Eggs Benedict. Lesson on the eggs Benedict, poaching eggs is not easy, and you can get just as yummy hollandaise sauce from those handy little packets they sell in the store. (What is up with this weird indenting here that I cant get rid of?)
|no picture of the salad but trust me, it was pretty!|
Okay, I almost forgot the desert which I am not sure is even possible since I had it for breakfast and lunch today too! I am not a huge fan of super sweet and chocolaty dessert so this one was very Easter worthy and just perfect for my liking. You ready? Okay, we had the...... (insert drum roll here) Lemon Shortbread Squares! Again, Michele B. tried to take some home with her in her purse right next to the, now squishy, deviled eggs. But, I won the battle, hence the reason why I had some with my coffee for breakfast. Think I will make more for Sunday! Happy Easter y'all!
|I take the pictures so that im not in them . :)|